Big oscillations in weight are never benefic and have a long consequence. Also, drastic diets are a huge stress for anyone. It is amazing how just a few changes in our daily habits can have benefic effects over the body.
To begin with, don’t make too many changes at once, because you risk being incapable to respect all of them. Once you were successful with one change – it doesn’t matter how small it was – this will offer you the confidence to keep going.
You could count on an aggressive strategy which can bring you fast changes, but there is the risk that it will not work. On the other hand, you can vary using a mix of strategies that can bring you the results you dream of, even though it might take a bit longer until you will obtain them.
How to change your nutrition?
- Carefully analyzing the food we consume daily – and what kind of exercises we have to do – it is incredible how a minor change, an “adjustment” can help us losing up to 30 kilograms (66.14 pounds) per year.
- Add 20 more minutes to your daily exercises – one hundred calories extra burned every day could mean 4 kilograms less by the end of the month.
- A healthy habit, like the consumption of salads seven times per week, can become very unproductive if the veggies are drowned in dressing. The reduction of dressing quantity from three spoons to one will reduce the consumption of calories by at least 1000 calories per week. This means the loss of at least 7 kilograms per year.
- Around three times every week, instead of eating a chocolate bar for more energy every afternoon, try a protein bar and a cup of tea. This way you could burn around 600 calories every week, which almost 4 kilograms in a year.
- Sandwiches are consumed about five times per week and they always include a slice of cheese. Bad habit! Replace the slice of cheese with some veggies and you will save 500 calories per week. This means 3 kilograms per year. Amazing what power has a slice of cheese over your body, isn’t it?
- Replace your regular deserts (ice cream, cakes, chocolate) with fruits. It might seem hard, but if you do this at least 4 times every week, you will lose no less than 4 kilograms in one year.
The habits you consider bad might be healthier than you think.
Myth no. 1 “I have snacks between meals”
Many people believe that this is a very bad habit. They think that the three meals are enough and the snacks between meals would only make you gain weight. But those who do not take a snack will end up being starved especially at dinner since there is a pretty long period of time between lunch and dinner. Eating some fruits or a salad will help you control both hunger and weight.
Myth no. 2 “I eat after I have dinner”
Eating after the last meal is not always a bag habit. If you ate a bit earlier and you tend to stay up late, having a protein bar is never a bad thing.
There are a lot of things you can do to improve your life. Those tips will help you lose weight and feel comfortable with your own body. Being in harmony with ourselves helps us having a balanced life physically and mentally.