Your wish to have a tanned skin over the summer could have side effects on your skin. We might tend to exaggerate every once in a while and expose ourselves to sun more than we should. We often forget that our organism is not adapted to excessive sun exposure and this could cause sun burn.
Sun burns appear when the UV rays attack our skin causing redness, local pain and a raised sensibility that can lead to other complications. The effects of solar burn appear only a few hours after exposure.
The most common methods to prevent the sun burn are to avoid the sun exposure at certain hours, the use of lotions of good quality, the consumption of a right amount of water, the avoid of alcohol and the avoid of photosensitive drugs.
However, if you got to experience the unpleasant sun burns, there are a few home remedies that can help you:
After a long exposure to the sun, the skin can swallow. Cool it with compresses that contain one of those substances:
– Cold water – use this more times a day until you feel an improvement.
– Aluminum acetate – you can find it in any pharmacy and it also helps the skin to remain hydrated.
Check your kitchen
You must have some ingredients, such as:
- Oatmeal – you a gauze to sink it in cold water before you apply it on your body. Repeat this every 2 hours until it goes away;
- Skimmed milk – mix a cup of skimmed milk with 4 cups of cold water; (you might want to add some ice cubes as well). Apply it on your skin for 15-20 minutes and repeat the procedure every 2 to 4 hours;
- Corn starch – add water until it becomes a paste. You need to apply it directly on the burn;
- Salad – Boil water with the salad in it. Throw the leafs away and put the water in the fridge. When it is cold enough, apply compresses with it on the burns.
- Yogurt – apply it directly on the burnt skin for a few minutes. Wash it carefully after.
- Green tea – if you burned your eyes, sink the tea bags in cold water and apply them on the eye. It will reduce the pain instantly;
If you need to use soap, use it carefully and wash it right away. You can also add vinegar or baking powder in the water if you want to take a bath. It will help you reduce the effects of sun burn.
Hydrate your skin
After compresses and bath, your skin can actually become drier. Apply body lotions and moisturizer all over your body. When you have sun burns, even the skin that wasn’t exposed to the sun needs to be hydrated. If you want to cool the skin, you can keep the lotions in the fridge before applying it.
Taking care of your skin is so much more important than many believe. Make sure that you consider the home remedies that are highlighted above. It will make your life so much better and will aid you to avoid so many skin care related problems.